Feeling down by those little white slivers frequently dropping on your pretty black dress or your favourite black tux? Well, dandruff is a common issue faced by both men and women and is a major reason that can shatter your self-confidence and self-esteem. We bring to you several remedies along with a dandruff solution at home so you can get rid of stubborn dandruff at home.
Dandruff can be caused due to various reasons like weakening of your scalp mainly due to inadequate hair brushing, living under stress, or having dry skin. So, what is the best way to get rid of dandruff?
Home remedies work effectively to cure and treat dandruff if the condition is not severe. There are several ingredients that you can find in your kitchen that are effective and used in dandruff removal home remedies. Read further to know about the magical ingredients that can help you get rid of dandruff from the comfort of your home.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DANDRUFF | WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE DANDRUFF
There are many homemade remedies for dandruff that you can use easily and regularly to get rid of persistent dandruff forever. However, to try DIY at home, you need to have some ingredients prepared and used accordingly. Mentioned below is a list of natural remedies for dandruff that will aid you to get free of dandruff.
Applying Mehndi on the scalp and hair
Mehendi is one of the age-old homemade remedies for dandruff. Mehndi serves various purposes, like conditioning your hair making it soft and nourished. Applying mehndi on your scalp is also considered the best way to get rid of dandruff. Read further to make the perfect blend of mehndi mix for your hair.
Prepare mehndi for effective dandruff treatment at home:
- Take a bowl and blend mehndi with curd lemon juice.
- Stir together to form a paste and let the mixture sit for 6-8 hours.
- After 6-8 hours, stir the mixture and apply it to your hair.
- The best way to remove dandruff is to let the blend sit on your hair for 2-3 hours and rinse it away.
Just Herbs product recommendation: Just Herbs recommend Herbal Henna Plus to get you ultra-soft, nourished, and dandruff-free hair. The herbal henna plus is infused with the goodness of natural ingredients like neem, Shikakai, Indian Gooseberry, etc., that are believed to be effective dandruff removal home remedies.
Getting rid of dandruff at home can be easy-going if you know about the effective homemade remedies for dandruff. Curd is a very common ingredient that can be found in your kitchen, and when applied to the scalp, it is an excellent dandruff treatment at home.
Method to apply Curd on your scalp to Cure Dandruff:
- Take a bowl and pour a sufficient amount of curd. Whisk it to break the chunks and apply it from the roots and throughout the hair strands.
- Let it sit for 1-2 hours before rinsing with the shampoo for effective dandruff treatment at home.
Orange Peel and lemon juice
Orange peel is considered one of the best ingredients in homemade remedies for dandruff as it is effective for treating dandruff and getting rid of bacteria.
Method of preparation:
- Take orange peel powder in a bowl and add 2-3 spoonful of lemon juice to it.
- Whisk the mixture to turn it into a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and let it sit for 40-45 minutes.
- Rinse and wash with shampoo.
Orange peel is considered one of the most effective dandruff removal home remedies that contain calcium, vitamin A, magnesium, and dietary fibers, which is good for both skin and hair.
Vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties that eradicate the fungus and is one of the most effective home remedies for dandruff and can be seen as an easy remedy to get rid of dandruff the easy way. Vinegar also aids in curing several skin-related problems like acne, itchiness, and dry scalp.
Using vinegar for effective home remedies for dandruff:
- Take 2 cups of vinegar, dilute it by adding 1 cup of water to a bowl.
- Once the preparation is done, use the mix to clean your scalp by gently massaging the scalp.
- Let it sit for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with a shampoo.
The antibacterial properties of vinegar make it easy to use and a convenient dandruff solution at home. It is also beneficial to diminish dryness and itchiness on the scalp.
Include Omega-3s in your diet
Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for the body in more than one way. It is the best way to remove dandruff as it promotes oil secretion, hydrates the skin preventing dry hair, skin, and scalp, which reduces dandruff and flaky skin.
A few excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids are fish like salmon, trout, and mackerel, flaxseed, chia seeds, walnuts, etc.
Neem has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that make neem one of the most effective home remedies for dry scalp and dandruff. You can make a hair mask with neem powder or use neem juice directly on your hair for curing itching and dandruff.
Preparation for Neem hair mask:
- This is easy to make and one of the most effective home remedies for dry scalp. Take a bowl and add a sufficient amount of neem powder water to form a paste.
- Apply this blend onto your scalp and to the hair strands and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water and complete the process by using a shampoo.
Just Herbs product recommendation: Just Herbs recommends Dandruff Control Ayurvedic Soya Protein Shampoo that comes with the goodness of neem that helps you fight dandruff and dry scalp, all the while nourishing your scalp.
Apply Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a multi-beneficiary succulent that can be found in every household and is widely used as one of the most useful ingredients in natural remedies for dandruff. It contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that also make it an important ingredient in home remedies for dry scalp.
Just Herbs product recommendation: Just Herbs recommend Ayurvedic Anti Dandruff Kit. This anti-dandruff kit contains Javakusum Hair Oil, Dandruff Control Ayurvedic Soya Protein Shampoo, and Kumuda–Indian White Waterlily Silicone-Free Conditioner that is made from natural herbs like aloe vera, Shikakai, Indian gooseberry, etc.