Natural Beauty Tips For Men
Traditionally, women have always been particular about skin and hair care; men though have never really given much importance to self care and grooming. However, times have changed and men these days are a lot more conscious of looking after themselves. Salons are providing beauty services to men and brands now offer products made especially for men. No doubt, there are many chemically laden products that claim to deliver the best results. While you could go with those or make the most of our natural beauty tips for men and get better results.
Men’s beauty or men’s grooming regimen tends to be a bit different than women as their skin and hair require a different kind of treatment. Take our word, trust our products and you will be glad to have chosen them over chemicals for your skin and hair.
Natural Skincare Tips For Men
Shaving Tips For Men
When it comes to skincare, the one thing men worry about a lot is shaving right. If not done right, you may end up with sores and dull skin.
Here are a few tips that will help
- Face Wash: Your beard may contain some dirt and grime. Uneven distribution of natural face oils is another problem that wreaks havoc with your razor blade. So, always wash face before shaving as gliding your razor over a clean face is much safer.
- Under the Shower: Softening your hair reduces ingrown hair. Hence, just a splash of water wouldn’t be sufficient. You can take your time under the shower and let your skin soak before shaving. If you are pressed for time, dampen a cloth in some warm water and place it over your face for sometime before shaving.
- Sharpness of the Blade: A sharp and clean blade prevents ingrown hair, skin damage, and uneven cutting.
- Stop Scraping, Start Gliding: When you press your razor hard while shaving, it tends to remove more skin, which leads to irritation, roughness, and sensitivity. This stimulation releases excess face oils, which may lead to zits. So, glide instead of scraping your skin.
Wash Your Face
Facial skin and body skin are different, and have a different pH. Your bathing bar strips natural skin oils leading to clogged skin pores, breakouts, and uneven skin tone. Men have larger skin pores and their skin is oilier than women.
Hence, they should wash their face more frequently. Using your bathing bar on your face is a big mistake! Stop using sulphate-based soaps and use natural ingredients from kitchen or herbal products.
Everyday: Oil cleansing is an amazing skin cleansing method. Mix extra virgin olive oil and castor oil in equal ratio. If you have oily skin, mix it in 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. If yours is dry and sensitive skin, mix them in 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. Add 1 - 2 drops of tea tree essential oil in it for acne-prone skin.
Massage some oil all over your face. Take a cloth and damp it in lukewarm water. Place it over your face and wait till it cools down. Rinse the washcloth and wipe your face with it.
Weekly Once or Twice: Take 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel and a half-peeled cucumber in a food processor. Make a smooth paste of these and apply to your face. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes before you rinse it.
Use Herbal Products: Choose a good herbal brand that uses no chemicals in its products that might damage your skin.
- Wash or cleanse your face with a good herbal face wash like Silksplash Rehydrant Face Wash.
- Tone your facial skin with Steam Distilled Rose Water Facial Mist.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week with Livelyclean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing Gel.
- Moisturize your skin right after toning with Aloe Vera Facial Massage Gel and/or Herbal Nourishing Massage Cream.
- Try mud masks or powder packs once a week. If googling for “how to detan face for men?” then the Just Herbs collection of mud packs are a must try.
- Don’t forget about sun protection. Apply a good herbal sunscreen lotion at least 15 minutes before heading out everyday.
- Night creams and gels before bed can further enhance your skin’s health. Try our Fair’e Mulethi-Khus Skin Brightening Gel.
Natural Hair Care Tips For Men
Avoid Stripping Hair of Natural Oils
Sulphate shampoos may seem easy to use, but they strip hair’s natural oils and damage it over time. Benefit from natural alternatives instead, and use ingredients from your kitchen or herbal products. We recommend purchasing shikakai from the market and soak crushed shikakai in water for a few hours, use this water to rinse your hair while gently massaging your scalp. You can also try Lush Methi Shikakai Shampoo instead to save time.
- Normal Scalp: Take an empty bottle and fill it with 1/4th cup distilled water, 1/4th cup and 1 tablespoon liquid castile soap, and 3/4th teaspoon apricot, grapeseed, jojoba, olive, or any other light oil. Shake it before use every time.
- Oily Scalp: Mix 1/4th cup plus 1 teaspoon liquid castile soap, 1/8th teaspoon peppermint oil, 1/4th teaspoon tea tree essential oil, and 1/8th teaspoon rosehip oil. Shake the ingredients well and add 1/4th cup distilled water to it.
- Dry Scalp: Mix 1/2 cup distilled water, 3/4th cup liquid castile soap, 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, and 1 teaspoon jojoba, olive, or apricot oil.
- Sensitive Scalp: Drop 6 chamomile tea bags in 3/4th cup distilled water and bring to boil. Allow it to steep for 20 minutes and discard the tea bags. Let it cool down, and mix 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap, 1/2 teaspoon apricot, olive, or jojoba oil, and 1/4th teaspoon rosehip oil in it.
Condition Your Hair
To condition your hair, mix apple cider vinegar with water in a 1:8 ratio and rinse your hair with it. You can also try Kumuda - Indian White Lily Silicone-Free Conditioner.
Oiling Is Necessary
Apply a good extra virgin coconut oil, olive oil, or any other oil that suits your scalp once a week, preferably the night before or an hour before shampooing your hair.
Rid Your Dandruff
Brown sugar and honey scrub made in your kitchen can easily help you get rid of dandruff. With antibacterial properties, honey fights off dandruff and seals the moisture in your scalp at the same time. Brown sugar scrapes off your white flakes on the scalp.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 1 tablespoon honey and apply it to your scalp. Exfoliate your scalp with this mixture for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- If you want a homemade anti-dandruff shampoo, mix it in the shampoo recipes mentioned above.
- Want to save time? Get herbal products made for dandruff removal.
Skin care might seem overwhelming and taxing when you imagine yourself spending time making these natural products at home. However, these are quite easy and time-saving when you do them right. Daily day skin care and hair care regimen can be taken care of with the best beauty products for men that we offer. Prepare your weekly recipes and follow the other grooming tips for men we mentioned. This will not just save time and money, trust us, it will work wonders for your skin and hair.