Thank you for making us smile in 2018. It was a year of great learning for us.
We learnt a lot both through our ‘hits’ and through our ‘misses’.
While we celebrated our wins, our setbacks, which were also quite a few, had a very helpful humbling influence on us. They helped us focus on the most important bits of our business and to optimize our processes, operations and products so that you – the customer – can have a better experience. At the same time, allowing us to learn valuable lessons that made us a better company.
I am sharing the list of our top 10 achievements for 2018. Some of these may seem small at first but trust me they’re included because they’ve had a huge positive impact on our customers and as a result, on us as a business:
1. We ended 2018 with some stellar news: we were voted among India’s top 50 Emerging Brands by Little Black Book– a validation of the tireless efforts of our small but agile team working to make, deliver and improve the best natural and ayurvedic products you can buy in India today.
– More recognition through the year included me speaking at CNBC’s Young Turks Conclave – on the panel of India’s new consumer brands – alongside some of the best names in the country and at the SHEROES Summit in Delhi
2. Meanwhile, our product range continued to grow. We launched our Extra-virgin, Cold-pressed and certified organic Coconut Oil, five new shades in our iconic best-seller – the Skin Tint, a beautifully packaged skincare set called the glow-boosting bundle, two new body butters and Our new gifting range continues to do extremely well this festive season
Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
Herb-Enriched Skin Tint
Ayurvedic Glow Boosting Bundle
3. New crowdsourcing: Our mission to create 100% safe, honest and effective beauty products with you – the customer – continued to gather steam in 2018. We’re ending the year with two new products under development and the crowdsourcing for one of them – an Ayurvedic Micellar Water – is already underway.
4. We continued to expand our offline store footprint: Two new stores opened in Hyderabad and our first shop-in-shops came up in Mumbai and Goa.
5. Our third-party online footprint also grew: We’re now available on Amazon with ‘prime’ shipping and also on Myntra
6. Jh Edit launched: We took yet another step to engage with our community of die-hard JH loyalists by launching the JH Edit – the official Just Herbs blog. The JH Edit aims to be the definitive source on all things natural, Ayurveda and wellness with some very definitive and usable insights that you can incorporate into your daily lives.
Our idea behind building this portal is not to sell but to inform and engage. There is so much useful information that we come across during the course of our daily routines and we are glad that we’ve now created a platform to share it with you.
7. We’ve fixed our supply chain issues. We’ve tied up with new logistics providers to ensure smoother, safer and more efficient deliveries across India.
8. We also made some crucial packaging changes to our products such as introducing flip-top caps on our shampoos, body oil and shower gels after getting a lot of user insights about the pumps on these products not working
9. As you know, Just Herbs never has and never will test on animals and we are a proud supporter of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). We took this commitment a notch further by being the official gifting partner for PETA who honoured several animal rights activists including the ravishing Sunny Leone for her exemplary work in the digital domain for spreading awareness against animal cruelty.
Also, four stray puppies found loving parents and shelter thanks to an adoption drive organised along with NGO Peedu’s People at our Chandigarh store.
10. Better website experience on justherbs.in: We improved our website experience this year, especially for vegans. We added the ‘Vegan’ symbol on product pages which do not contain any animal-derived ingredients making it easier for Vegans to shop.