Sample Product - Sun’nil Jojoba-Grapeseed Moisturising Sun Protection Lotion
This product is currently sold out.
An ideal herbal sunscreen for normal and dry skin with 2-in-1 broad-spectrum physical sun-protection. It moisturises your skin and also protects it against both UVA and UVB rays. This sunscreen leaves no 'white-cast' and is ideal for those looking to find the best Ayurvedic sunscreen which is both safe to use and that effectively protects against the sun at the same time. This herbal sunscreen is suited for normal or dry skin. For oily/combination skin, the oil-free variant, No-Sun Jojoba Wheatgerm Sun Protection Gel, is ideal.
GUARDS AGAINST SUN-DAMAGE | MOISTURISES | SUITS NORMAL/DRY SKIN | PARABEN FREE | NO 'WHITE-CAST' | NO NANO-PARTICLES
- What is special about Just Herbs’ sunscreens?
- Who can use this product?
- Why is no SPF mentioned on this product?
- Why use herbal sunscreens over chemically laden sunscreens?
- How are your sun protection products different from the Tint?
- How often should I re-apply this?
- Is it waterproof?
- Does it have nano-particles?
- Does it leave a 'white-cast' on the skin?
Just Herbs offers two herbal sunscreens: Sun’nil Jojoba-Grapeseed Moisturising Sun Protection Lotion for normal/dry skin and No-Sun Jojoba Wheatgerm Sun Protection Gel for oily/combination skin. Both of these are physical sunscreens and we use Zinc Oxide in our sun protection formulas. Zinc Oxide is a safe and naturally occurring mineral used in herbal and ayurvedic sunscreens and provides protection against the entire spectrum of UVB and UVA rays. Zinc Oxide can be used on delicate/sensitive skin and is even used in diaper rash creams for babies!
This herbal sunscreen is specially formulated for normal to dry skin.
Just Herbs’ ayurvedic sunscreens draw upon the anti-UV properties of naturally occurring plants and biominerals. Since these are herbal sunscreens, we do not use the term SPF (Sun Protection factor) on our labels, commonly used for chemical sunscreen based products that are subjected to clinical trials. SPF denotes the protection against UVB rays only.
We do not use any chemical sunscreens in our products and instead rely on physical sunscreens (naturally occurring minerals) and on plant-based polyphenols for protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
However, if you had to put an equivalent value of SPF on our sunscreens, it should be around 20-25 which is good enough for Indian skin.
- Physical Sunscreens do not allow the UV rays to absorb into your skin whereas chemical sunscreens work by absorbing UV rays.
- Physical Sunscreens mainly rely on two minerals - Titanium dioxide (TiO2) & Zinc oxide (ZnO) whereas chemical sunscreens rely on chemicals like Octylcrylene, Avobenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, OxyBenzone, and Homosalate and Helioplex.
- The minerals present in physical sunscreens provide protection against the entire spectrum of UVB and UVA rays whereas chemical sunscreens provide protection against UVB rays only.
Sun’nil Jojoba-Grapeseed Moisturising Sun Protection Lotion is a broad-spectrum herbal sunscreen meant for oily/combination skin. It does not provide coverage. The Herb-Enriched Skin Tint, on the other hand, is a daily-wear product that helps you achieve a ‘no makeup’ look without relying on chemically laden makeup products that may clog pores and potentially damage skin with prolonged use.
Reapplication is required if you are continuously out in the sun. You can re-apply this Ayurvedic sunscreen every 2-3 hours.
No. These are herbal sunscreens made with Ayurvedic herbs. We do not use artificial film-formers of any kind to make these.
No. Just Herbs’ herbal sunscreens do not have nano-particles and use zinc oxide in non-nano size which does not penetrate the skin making them completely safe to use for the entire family.
No, this ayurvedic sunscreen does not leave a 'white-cast' on the skin. It absorbs directly into the skin and blends well.
cold pressed jojoba (simmondsia chinensis) oil 5%, cold pressed grapeseed (vitis vinifera) oil 5%, aloevera* (aloe barbadensis) leaf juice 5%, cold pressed wheatgerm (triticum aestivum) oil 2%, green tea (camellia sinensis) aqueous ext. 5%, yashad (zinc oxide) 2%, shea (butyrospermum parkii) butter 1%, soy lecithin 0.5%, psoralea (psoralea corylifolia) seed ext. 0.2%, purified water (aqua), cold pressed sunflower (helianthus anus) seed oil, extra virgin coconut (cocus nucifera) oil, cold pressed moringa seed (moringa oleifera) oil, cetearyl olivate**, vegetable glycerine, octyldodecanol**, sorbitan olivate**, caprylyl glycol, potassium sorbate, gluconolactone, sodium gluconate**, ethylhexylglycerin, natural preservative blend of herbs and essential oils.
Please note that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.
- Rub a generous amount between the palms of your hands. Apply on face, neck & other exposed parts before moving out in sun and while indoors. Reapply every 2-3 hours.