Herb Enriched Ayurvedic Lipstick Shade Sampler Kit
This product is currently sold out.
A selection of 16 #glamorouslygreen shades of our soon-to-be-launched Herb-enriched Ayurvedic lipsticks in miniature form. Ideal to test out the shade, texture and experience our most-awaited launch for 2019.
WHOLESOME AYURVEDIC FORMULA | NURTURES & REPAIRS | MOISTURISES | FREE FROM: PETROCHEMICALS, SILICONES, SYNTHETIC FILM-FORMERS & PARABENS
- How are these different from regular lipsticks?
- What makes them healthy for the lips and how are they ‘Ayurvedic’?
- What are the chemical nasties present in most of the standard lipsticks, which these are free of?
- Additional Information
Just Herbs’ Herb Enriched Ayurvedic lipsticks are infused with Vata pacifying herbs such Indian Kudzu, Shatavari, Bhrami, Guduchi, Yashtimadhu, Bala and Manjishtha in a base of Ghee and sesame oil that help carry the nutritive benefits of the herbs to the innermost layers of the skin.
A regular lipstick is made by suspending coloured pigments in a base of petroleum-derived emollients such as paraffin oils, waxes along with texturising agents such silicones, and other form-imparting fillers. This list of additives is even longer for additional claims such as ‘non-transferable’, ‘long-lasting’ etc.
These chemical additives do enhance the sensorial and the texture of the product but have no nutritional value for lips - the skin on which being the thinnest- is most vulnerable to Vata aggravation. Also, many such materials are not environmentally-friendly as well.
So when our customers demanded lipsticks, we decided to take the ‘less is more’ approach and cut out unnecessary ingredients from the formula while making them as wholesome as possible without compromising on the ‘glam’ factor.
The skin on the lips being much thinner than the rest of the body is the first casualty of Vata aggravation, according to Ayurveda. Dry, chapped lips are a manifestation of koshthagata raukshya (internal dryness) which is symptomatic of Vata aggravation. Ayurveda prescribes the use of snehan ( oil therapy) with ghritam ( ghee) and til tailam (sesame oil) infused with vayu-healing herbs to pacify Vata.
Our Herb Enriched Ayurvedic Lipsticks use Vayu healing, rejuvenating and varnya ( complexion promoting) herbs infused in goghrit (Cow’s Ghee) and til tailam (Sesame Oil), both of which are revered as snehan dravyas ( therapeutic oils) in Ayurveda.
Just Herbs’ lipsticks are formulated without these common lipstick ingredients:
- Ingredients of petrochemical Origin used in lipstick base (derived from the process of refining petroleum into petrol. Not sustainable, zero nutritive value): Paraffin waxes, Petrolatum, Mineral oils, Polyisobutene, Polythylene, Polydecene
- Silicones (used to improve texture and ‘glide’): Phenyl trimethicone, Dimethicone, Silicone elastomers
- Film-formers (to make lipsticks long-lasting and transfer-resistant): Polyethylene, Polyethylene Teraphtalate (PET), PVP / Hexadecene Copolymer
- Parabens & formaldehyde releasing preservatives, Phthalates, Carmine, Lead + other heavy metals, Lanolin /lanolin alcohols